• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • professor_jonny
    Special VIP

single LO LNB not working in TitanNit

Hi I have a bug where I program a sky nz lnb and it fails to work with titannit but works in the original software (fortis)

the LNB has a single oscillator (10750) and has a built in 22hz tone switch to switch between lnb's and is not used for polarization as the optus satalites over nz are narrow band (11.7 to 12.750ghz) it is a quad output and any socket has access to any either LNB or polarity with out effecting each other.

I can preform a blind scan with a universal lnb and pop this lnb in and it will let me watch TV but I cant search channels with this LNB it fails to pick up any feeds.

there seems to be a problem with the LOF/l and LOF/H settings as it seems to ignore them in the tuner settings as with the single LO lnb no mater what I change these values to I still maintain channel lock and can watch TV.

for example if I program in a LO freq of 11300 I still maintain channel lock with the LNB even tho the lnb LO frequency is totally wrong and should be 10750.

I have three of these LNB's and all show the same problem and all work in the fortis software but not TitanNit.

see my bug report here:
    http://sbnc.dyndns.tv/trac/ticket/514

I'm wondering if any one else is using a single LO LNB with TitanNit as I cant seem to get these ones to work and it only seems to work with 10750 LNB's
    Angehängte Dateien
    Zuletzt geändert von professor_jonny; 10.08.2016, 12:59.
  • kudok

Normally we talk about these values, Professor:

Input frequency GHz 10.7-11.7/11.7-12.75
    Oscillator frequency (L.O.) GHz 9.75/10.6
    Output frequency MHz 950-1950/1100-2150

with 10.750 as L.O. you have to change all settings,
    because they are developed for 10.600

i.e.
    SatFreq. = 12.750 ./. 10.600 = 2150 ... the normal value
    SatFreq. = 12.750 ./. 10.750 = 2000 ... and here i see the mistake.

(i hope my answer is clear enough )

Kommentar

• professor_jonny
      Special VIP

Zitat von kudok Beitrag anzeigen
      Normally we talk about these values, Professor:

Input frequency GHz 10.7-11.7/11.7-12.75
      Oscillator frequency (L.O.) GHz 9.75/10.6
      Output frequency MHz 950-1950/1100-2150

with 10.750 as L.O. you have to change all settings,
      because they are developed for 10.600

i.e.
      SatFreq. = 12.750 ./. 10.600 = 2150 ... the normal value
      SatFreq. = 12.750 ./. 10.750 = 2000 ... and here i see the mistake.

(i hope my answer is clear enough )
      There is no settings to edit the downlink frequency settings in TitanNit tuner driver it looks like TitanNIT will only work with a universal LNB that has a dual oscillator.
      there would be a frequency scaling error between the universal and single lnb's downlink frequency, but as I don't know how it is coded and really how this works I can only guess.

a 11300 lnb has a frequency output of 950-1450Mhz from an input of input: 12.25-12.75Ghz
      and a 10750 lnb has a frequency output of 950 to 2000mhz from an input frequency of 11.7 to 12.75Ghz
      both of the above are standard LNb's and should work with TitanNit.

I would expect it to have these settings built in as this is a standard LNB
      Zuletzt geändert von professor_jonny; 11.08.2016, 13:13.

Kommentar

• kudok

Zitat von professor_jonny Beitrag anzeigen
        ... TitanNIT will only work with a universal LNB that has a dual oscillator ...
        You are right, Professor (i´m not absolute sure but i´s my opinion, too)

maybe our SatChannelListEditor master and friend PainElemental can show you a way to resolve your problem with this kind of LNB

kindest regards!
        kudok

Kommentar

• professor_jonny
          Special VIP

Zitat von kudok Beitrag anzeigen

maybe our SatChannelListEditor master and friend PainElemental can show you a way to resolve your problem with this kind of LNB

kindest regards!
          kudok
          ill have jus replaced the LNB and it is all sorted but in countries like Australia and nz we only have narrow band satellites (11.7 or 12.2 to 12.75GHZ) and universal LNB's are uncommon and one could not utilise a sky LNB to get FTA satellite feeds in TitanNit with out replacing the LNB from what I believe.

If this is the case it could trap many users especially novice users, and either this needs to be fixed or documented if this is the case, as it drove me mad figuring this out when I shifted until I got my satellite positioned and setup correctly.

I'm willing to send this LNB to dev if they want to play with it if it comes to that as I think single LO LNB'S are uncommon in places like Europe

Kommentar

• kudok

Zitat von professor_jonny Beitrag anzeigen
            ... I think single LO LNB'S are uncommon in places like Europe
            That´s the point, Professor,

here in Europe, specially in good old Germany, the home of AAF, but in all other EU-countries, too, we use other LNB-Equipments as you use in Down Under,
            this (your) kind of LNB is totally uncommon in the European region.

A very hearty hello from the Octoberfest area in Bavaria/Germany
            yours kudok

Kommentar

• professor_jonny
              Special VIP

Every single sky satellite suscriber in NZ and possibly foxtel in australia has a single LO output lnb, universal lnb's are only used for picking up overseas feeds with BUD (big ugly dish) setups.

Unicable lnb's seem like a good idea I don't know why they don't know why they don't adopt them over here I cant buy them off the shelf in nz with out importing them from overseas i got my universal LNB's imported from visiosat in france.

I had to get special ones as the satellites are spaced real close together I think 4degrees.

Optus stuffed up the first satellite they launched up the space launch years ago the satelite is skewed 22 degrees clockwise.

Instead of fixing it they poped up all the rest of the optus satellits off by the same amount on purpose to match so we cant often use sertain types as when you twist them to suit they foul the next lnb.

Thanks for the shout out and a welcome from Kiwi land.

Cheers PJ

Kommentar

• kudok

Maybe you will find something here, Professor:

Inverto

(... and on the other WebSites of this company)

Cheers
                kudok

Kommentar

• professor_jonny
                  Special VIP

Those lnb's would not work with titannit it has a 10750 LO they would also foul each unless the dish was a 1.8mt or larger because of the satellite orbital spacing.

This is my setup with a 90cm dish as you see the lnb skew of the lnb's any thing with a box underneath would foul each other so the body has to be prity slim line and have a bullet shaped nose and a 23mm neck, so they can sit next to each other with out moving it away from the focal point and stagger the faces.

I imported these LNB's form visiosat (now Cahors) in france and I cut up the mounts on a CNC mill so it is all tidy, I now have four lnb's on there now as this is an old picture.
                  Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

• kudok

Many thanks for the foto and the explanation, Professor,

i never saw this way to receive satellites before, ("normal" Multi Feed Dishes, sometimes until eight LNB´s, are very common in our region, but not with this skew)
                    it is a new experience for me, therefore i cannot give further advices (sorry about this)

Once again best wishes and a very kind hello from good old Bavaria/Germany
                    kudok

Kommentar

Nicht konfiguriertes PHP-Modul

Einklappen

single LO LNB not working in TitanNit

Einklappen
                    Lädt...
                    X